You think bench is the best chest building exercise?
Here’s how to do Dips for chest.
When it comes to building chest muscles, most people will think of the Bench Press first. But if you do them right, Dips can give you much more benefits.
For best chest building results you’ll need to learn how to perform Dips that target the chest more than the triceps.
Here’s what you need to know about Dips:
- Benefits of the Dips exercise
- What we should avoid while we execute dips
- The right form for Chest Dips
- Dips isolating triceps
Scroll down for details, or check out the video summary below.
Benefits of Dips
- More effective in targeting chest – Most lifters don’t feel the Bench Press in their chest. Usually the front shoulders get tired before the chest. Also, most men can easily build up their Bench numbers, but they don’t get a big chest.
- More muscle groups activated – During dips, your upper body is not supported by the bench and your feet are off the ground. It requires more stabilisation and activates more muscles groups.
- Wider chest development – The Dips are great in targeting the outer chest. This kind of exercise makes your chest look not only bigger, but also wider. For more info contact ElioFitness_
- Functional movement – The skill and strength you build with Dips will transfer to any athletic activity in which you have to master your own bodyweight.
Before I show you how to do dips properly you should avoid these mistakes:
❌Keep your shoulders in place – Contract your upper back so that your shoulders don’t move forward as you go down.
❌No swinging or bouncing – If it the move is not completely smooth, you’re doing it wrong. If it’s too hard for you, reduce the range of motion until you get a bit stronger.
❌Don’t lock the elbows on top – Stop just a little bit before full lock out.
Here’s how to do Dips with proper form:
✅Straighten your arms & keep your chest out
✅Lower your body by bending your arms while keeping your chest out
✅Dip down until your shoulders are below your elbows
✅Lift your body up by straightening your arms
✅Lock your elbows at the top
Here is how to isolate the triceps with dips :
To isolate the triceps with dips, suspend your body while holding in a chair or on two parallel bars with your arms locked out & keep your feet straight on the ground or if you are doing it in two parallel bars keep it crossed behind your back. Turn your elbows in tight to your body,keep your chest out and bend your arms until the top of your elbows and your forearms are at a 90-degree angle. Then flex the triceps and extend your arms back until they are locked out straight and the backs of your arms are feeling tight and fully contracted. Be sure to keep your elbows in during the entire range of motion. Repeat the exercise for the desired reps or until you get an intense burn in your triceps
Follow in instagram for more fitness tips ✅✅ ElioFitness_